Monday, July 25, 2011

A Different Kind of Recovery

It is wonderful to feel like a normal person who had foot surgery. I don't have any trouble doing things I want to do except for the inconvenience of the wheel chair. I assume I will start back on some estrogen blocker next week. I hope it doesn't knock me for a loop again.

I was up pretty much all day. I had my foot up except for when I was cooking or eating so I didn't expect it to swell. I can't see any swelling but the foot is all wrapped up in gauze and ace bandage and it feels uncomfortably tight. Right now I am lying down and have had my foot propped higher than my head for about 20 minutes. It is still very tight around the arch and the ankle. I guess that is my body saying I did too much today. I so want to rewrap everything but the hardware intimidates me. I have six metal projections sticking through the ace bandage.

My beading project looked like it could be finished except it didn't hang right and I had to take it apart. I'll take pictures of the disassembled project and my inspiration and put them on my creativity blog tomorrow. Company would be nice if any of you have a chance. Lori is visiting on Thursday. I am told I currently talk about 90 miles an hour. Must be all of this time alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment