Friday, July 15, 2011

Poor Me

No, really, that is my theme for the day, poor me. You would think that with the chemo behind me things would be a piece of cake now. I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed with two surgeries scheduled, continuing side effects of the chemo and drug reactions.

My breast reconstruction has been officially scheduled for August 15. Dr. Hicks will also remove the port. I am so glad about that because it is sometimes very uncomfortable. The site of the mastectomy is still filled with fluid. It is called a seroma. It will be drained before the surgery and a drain put in for a week or so. Here's hoping the combination of the completion of the chemo, the revision of the mastectomy site and the spacer will take care of the seroma.

In the meantime I have had reactions to the arimidex (estrogen blocker) and tetracycline. My feet and ankles have been swelling and not going back down at night or if I put them up, a side effect of the arimidex. I developed a rash after I started taking the tetracycline. And I have been dizzy since Tuesday, a side effect of both of them. I never used to have drug reactions. Now it seems to be my norm. I definitely don't like it. Anyhow, the arimidex is on hold for two weeks to see what happens. A new antibiotic has been ordered. We'll see how that goes.

In my litany of complaints, Dr. Malusky wants to take a look at my toe on Tuesday to see if it needs drained. I am not sure the toenail will still be on next Tuesday. It not a good thing to have decreased feeling in my feet but things would certainly be a lot more painful if my sensation was normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment