Monday, August 1, 2011

Hair and Toes

I had the first post-op visit with the foot surgeon on Friday. I was hoping he would change my weight bearing status since the surgery wasn't as extensive as planned. No such luck. I am non-weight bearing for another week. I am using a wheelchair because my balance is so poor that I am dangerous on a walker. Fortunately I have more strength and energy so it isn't difficult to get around the house.

The oncologist ordered a new estrogen blocker which I will start tomorrow. Here's hoping it doesn't have too much of a fatigue side effect. I was so tired of being so tired.

As far as the hair goes I am looking downright scruffy. I didn't expect the growth to be so uneven. The longest hairs are about 3/4 of an inch. There are sections that are much shorter. My hair is so fine that even in the longer sections you can still see my scalp. Like I said, definitely looking scruffy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kay,
    I know what you mean about being tired of being tired! And scruffy, that's a good word choice for my hair too. The growth is soooo slow. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,
    It is so hard to be patient now that chemo is over, isn't it? It would be nice to look in the mirror and not see my scalp. Three quarter inch peach fuzz just doesn't do anything for my self esteem.

    Thanks for your comment. Be well.

    ReplyDelete