Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chemo - the Gift That Keeps on Giving

I mentioned before that taxotere causes nail changes. It's worse than I thought. So far on my fingernails I have some dark coloration, some vertical white lines and some ridges. This is supposed to all grow out eventually. I am hoping that is as far as it goes. I have lost three toenails where the nail just detached from the nailbed. I also have three toenails with bleeding under the nail - also a side effect of taxotere that I didn't pay any attention to until it happened. The one that concerns me is the toe that is supposed to be operated on next week. Dr. Malusky is on vacation so I will call bsck next Monday to see if he is concerned or wants to look at it before surgery.

Just when I think I have figured out how to manage this whole cancer thing something else comes up. I have always been a pretty flexible person but this is getting ridiculous.

We interviewed for Jane's position yesterday. We had four candidates plus preparation time so it was a long day. The interviews went well and I had a great committee. It did wipe me out, though. I had to stop and rest in the theater lobby on my way out to the car. I keep waiting for the day when stuff won't tire me out so much. It will also help when I allowed to walk more. Dr. Malusky is not thrilled with the relatively small amount of walking I am doing. I could do with a less complicated life.

No comments:

Post a Comment