Sunday, July 10, 2011

Making Progress

I have been looking for things to do within my energy range. I can do my dishes now and cook simple meals. With everything I do I still have to take rest breaks. The breaks aren't as long or as frequent as they used to be.

I decided to start cleaning my studio. It and my office are the two places that things have just been dumped in. The studio is to the point that I can't find anything and it takes too much energy to look. It doesn't help that I have tubes of beads all through the condo. I also have new books that I don't have room for. I get slowed down by having to shift things to new places. I rarely use yarn any more and I want to get it out of my studio but I don't want it to go in the garage. I have to clean out closet space to put the yarn. It makes me tired just thinking about it. So I did micro-cleaning. Yes, I know that isn't really a word. I organized my supply/equipment boxes. I'm sure that it doesn't look like I accomplished anything to anyone else because the boxes are sitting right on the shelves where they have always been. The difference is now I know what is in them and I have a box left over.

Tomorrow I think I will hang my new earring rack. I have so many cool earrings now that I need a place to put them. That should take all of 15 minutes. Then I have to round up all of my earrings from whereever I left them when I took them off. That pretty much means in every room of the condo.


One of the side effects of taxotere that doesn't go away for a while is changes in the nails. My fingernails are dark and have ridges and white vertical lines in them. Some of my toenails have actually come off. Even if I wore nail polish some of the chemo sites don't recommend it until the nails recover. I just keep finding new ways to be weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment