Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting Ready

Now that the foot surgery is less than a week a way I am starting to be concerned about how I will cope. I definitely am not as far along in my recovery from the chemo as I thought I would be at this point or as strong. So I put my OT brain to work to see how I needed to arrange things.

I will be non-weightbearing the first two weeks. I will use a wheelchair to get around the house just for safety reasons. I decided to stay in the guest bedroom because the bed is lower and the bathroom is closer. I did a trial run with the wheelchair this morning. Then I moved a chair which was next to the bed to make space for the wheelchair and a bedside stand. Big mistake. Wow, that used up all my energy for the day. I probably should have waited for Becky.

Now that the room is more functional for me for the two weeks it is also less decorative. Martha Stewart would not be proud. I will have to do something to make it look less thrown together. But not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment