Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Doing Better

I did see Dr. Malusky yesterday. He wanted to see what was going on with the big toe. It shouldn't be a problem even though it looks horrible. He is looking forward to the surgery because it is a challenging case. I told him I was always happy to provide entertainment for someone else. I am not sure how much metal to expect with the external fixator. He has been consulting with the representative who puts the device together. I can picture them chuckling with glee over the design and what else they can do with it. After yesterday's conversation they have decided to extend the fixator to include the toe. I hope they don't think of anything else they can do before Friday!

Except for joint pain, I am off the anti-inflammatories until after the surgery, I am feeling much better. I was up all day today doing dishes, some very light cleaning and working on a beading project. That doesn't sound like much but it is so much more than I have been able to do. I wonder if the arimidex was affecting me more than I thought it was. The swelling of my feet and ankles started to go down immediately after I stopped taking it. I lost 5 pounds in fluid in two days.

My sister Trish is coming down tomorrow to stay all night and do "normal" stuff before I get stuck in the house again. She'll stay with me in the hospital. My brother Ken is bringing some of his grandkids down to see the Air Force Museum tomorrow and then we're going to get together. So it's going to be a nice family day.

No comments:

Post a Comment