Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hair Issues

I am anxiously keeping track of my hair growth on a daily basis. It is definitely a slow process. Some days I think I am kidding myself because I still look like a plucked chicken with a little bit of a shadow on my head. Then I will look in the mirror and if the light is just right I can see that my hair is about 1/2 inch long. I have always had such thick hair and it seems to have a lot of thin spots. There is also much more gray than there was before. That is one of reasons it is so hard to see. The gray hair doesn't show up as much as the darker hair does.

I am definitely more self conscious about being out in public than I was. Even with the hats it is obvious that I don't have hair. Marta and I went out to eat at Thai Nine on Wednesday. This one man just kept staring at me. It would be nice to think it was because I am gorgeous but I think baldness probably had more to do with it. When I am home I don't wear hats so family and friends see my hair challenged head but I don't let strangers see it. I am pretty sure that there is going to be a good period of time without a hat in the hospital. I am trying to steel myself for the embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment