Monday, February 21, 2011

A Rainy Day

I went to lunch with my friend Marsha today. Lunch was nice, the weather was terrible. I hate a windy cold rain. It feels like it gets right down to my bones. I spent most of the rest of the day working on the Patient Rights course although it doesn't look like I accomplished much. Felt pretty good most of the day.

I did take a look at a new beaded necklace pattern. I feel guilty using my energy for play so at this point I am just looking.

Day 11 of hair watch - still no hair loss. Yeah, one more day with hair. I ordered a pair of Betty Boop earrings. My husband, David, was always fond of Betty Boop so it seemed the thing to do. Maybe they can be the David Ashworth Memorial Betty Boop Earrings or the DAMBBE. Maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Kay! I am catching up on the blog. Seems that, since we found out John needed heart valve replacement PDQ, that's been the only thing on my mind. BTW, surgery went great but I'll call you later for chat.

    A year or so ago, one of the Yahoo groups I am on had an "Gaudy Earring" contest. There were prizes for the gaudiest earrings; I took first place!! Maybe we need to have a "Gaudy Earring" contest for you. All the OTA students and other jewelry buffs could participate. What do you think? ;-)

    Kate G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of why you would feel guilty for using your energy for play. What would you say if an OT patient said that? Huh? Huh? Play may be the MOST important thing you can do with your energy right now since it will lift your spirits and improve your outlook and focus. Play, girl, play!

    ReplyDelete