Friday, February 11, 2011

First treatment part 2

I went in for a shot of Neulasta today. The good news is that it stimulates white blood cell growth so the cell count stays close to normal and treatment doesn't get delayed. The bad news is that it causes bone pain as it is stimulating growth. I am just thrilled about another symptom to manage.

While I was there I mentioned the headache. They agreed it was probably caused by the cytoxan going in faster than I can tolerate. I won't sleep through that part of the treatment again. They recommended Claritin. Who knew. It really worked. What a relief to be able to sit up in the chair for a while without getting a sick headache.

I wrote most of this blog earlier in the day and accidentally deleted it. I was brilliantly funny but I guess I can only be brilliant once a day. Oh well, it's the world's loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment