Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cranky Kay

I am really cranky today.  Poor Becky.  This is her day to clean house, go shopping and generally hang around.  I will make an effort not to take her head off.

Another antibiotic has bit the dust.  This time Bactrim gave me a severe sore throat.  I am also have some small blisters on my tongue which could be the Bactrim or could be chemo.  Why isn't anything just straight forward?  I am eating a lot of popsicles.

I started a good book called "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand" by Helen Simonson.  The characters are British and Pakistani.  It is well written and amusing.  It is also a great reflection of aging in various cultures.  But I don't let that interfere with my enjoyment of the book.

My wonderful second year students have been so supportive.  Many of them have stopped by to visit.  Their latest plan is to have a cooking day and bring me some meals.  I am so sorry to have missed their last academic quarter.

1 comment:

  1. Kay, I hope the popsicles are doing the trick and that your day got better as it went along. Cranky is okay... sending you good thoughts!

    dave

    ReplyDelete