Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ordinary Day

Today was a nice day.  I had a visit from two of my students, Phil and Donnie,  It was good to see them.  Phil brought me some great earrings, easily two inches across and lots of silver and purple.  Just the kind of outrageous earrings I was looking for. 

It may not seem like it but I am making good progress on my beading project.  I only had to take out 1/2 of it but I have a good sense of what I am doing now.  Sometimes I have to see it to know if something is working. 

Most of our students in the Antioch course are new to any kind of course management system.  It is a whole new world of education.  Of course, Antioch uses a different one than Sinclair does so Shanese and I are right along with the students in trying to learn the system.  We have had a little more time looking at it and at least feel a little more comfortable with it than the students do.  Some of them are definitely panicking.

I am going out to brunch with some friends tomorrow.  Afterward I am going grocery shopping.  If anyone had told me last fall that I would be excited about grocery shopping I would definitely not have believed them.  There is something satisfying about making your own choices. 

1 comment:

  1. My wife will be very happy that you liked the earrings. It would have been a different story if I picked them out. Good to see you today!

    ReplyDelete