Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Busy day

My first appointment of the day yesterday was at Dr. Termuhlen's office.  She was gone so I met with one of her colleagues.  After the introductions she said, "oh, you're that patient."  Great, not only do the residents have a competition to see how much fluid they can drain, I am now "that patient."  I expect them to start yelling "Norm", oops, "Sharon" when I come into the office. There was less fluid today so the rice boob did have some effect.  Not as much as I had hoped but some.

Then on to Dr. Romer's office.  One of the advantages of the port is supposed to be that I don't have to get stuck for blood tests.  That never seems to work out because the nurses have such a hard time with my port.  I don't understand it because there is no problem when I have my chemo.  And there is still a stick, it is just in the port area.  Anyway, after getting stuck unsuccessfully at the port I still had to have blood drawn from my hand.  I guess from now on I will just let them draw from the hand in the first place.  The blood results were good.

The last stop of the day was Annabelle's for my prosthesis.  I did a quick look at wigs while I was there and was not impressed with anything.  They had some fabulous hats which looked horrible on me.  So I walked out with a bra and the prosthesis.  It is definitely softer than my rice boob.  And I don't have to keep pounding it into shape when it gets out of kilter during the day (sorry guys).

By the time I got home I was done for the day.  Not quite knackered (I love that word) but definitely not doing anything else for the rest of the day.  

1 comment:

  1. Kay:

    It sounds like you had an action-packed day! The description of some of your activities creates interesting mental visuals :) Thanks for building my vocabulary... will see how many times I can work "knackered" into some of my administrative meetings. The Leadership Team assessed Nan yesterday and we are preparing to limit her access to sharp objects. That means you need to continue to recover as planned... I think Nan will agree.

    Take care and stop doing rain dances in your free time. Enough is enough!

    dave

    ReplyDelete