Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Better day

I wrote this blog earlier today and managed to delete it before I posted. I started my day in Dr. Termuhlen's office getting the mastectomy site drained again. Her residents are in a competition to see who can drain the most fluid. Not exactly the kind of competition I am thrilled to be fostering. Dr. Termuhlen is less than convinced that putting pressure on the surgical site will decrease the fluid. For this week I am going to try wearing the compression bra from surgery with a little extra padding. Can't hurt, might help. Next Tuesday I have an appointment to be measured for my prosthesis after I have the fluid drained again.

We finished the prep for the Patient Rights course and have it ready to load. Tomorrow evening there is a meet and greet that I am hoping to go to. I have had to faithfully promise that I won't go if I am not feeling well. I have some overprotective family and friends. Or maybe they just know me too well.

1 comment:

  1. Kay, I suspect that your family know you too well -- you are probably doing more sick than I do well. I was going to call you tonight (Wednesday) -- but I see that you are busy - oh well, maybe I can catch you tomorrow...

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete