Friday, March 25, 2011

Fourth Chemo

I have officially made it halfway through my chemotherapy. I didn't feel very well going in but my temperature and blood pressure were OK. Christine decided I didn't eat enough before I came in and made me eat my peanut butter crackers. When I finished the treatment she sternly told me to eat more next time so I would feel better.

I officially added her to my list of the 15 mothers I currently have. Well, maybe it is only 10 but it feels like 15 sometimes. They come in all ages and sizes and include relatives, friends and students. Even though I know it comes from love and concern I don't deal with mothering very graciously sometimes. I feel like a five year old saying, "I know. Let me do it myself."

Back to the chemo. I never know what to expect in terms of response. I am usually tired after the chemo and lay down for a little bit and usually get up and go about my business. This time whenever I got up my face and head would just drip with sweat. I didn't have a temperature but it went away when I lay back down. So I pretty much was down for the afternoon and evening. Then I couldn't sleep. I looked it up and the decadron (corticosteroid) causes irritability and insomnia. One night isn't so bad but when I switch to taxotere I take it orally two days before and the day after treatment. I am definitely not having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment