Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Halfway through

Tomorrow is the last of the first series of treatments.  Yeah, halfway through.  After that I have a three week break before I start the taxotere.  I also have to have another echocardiogram.  Having a medical problem is just not simple.

The doxycycline injection went OK on Monday.  First Dr. Termuhlen drained the breast and got a record amount of fluid.  She texted the residents with her results.  I just love being part of a medical rivalry. She wasn't taking any chances on what "stinging" meant.  She injected lidocaine first then the doxycycline.  Then she smooshed the tissue around to spread it around.  I am assured that is a sophisticated medical term.  So far it doesn't seem to be making much difference.  We may have to do it more than once.  Fun, fun, joy, joy.

I don't feel very well today and am running a fever again for some reason.  And my joints really hurt - could be the Neulasta, could be the damp weather, could be arthritis.  Who knows?  I just take more tylenol.

No comments:

Post a Comment