Friday, September 2, 2011

Only One More Surgery to Go!

The only surgery that I have left is the actual breast insert which will probably be in December. The metal was taken off my foot Wednesday. I was more anxious than usual before the surgery. Of course this one was at 3 in the afternoon and I was starving and thirsty.

That external fixater had sharp posts. I ruined two sets of sheets poking holes in them and scratched my right foot and ankle all up. The foot is all padded up with a big ace bandage on. I can do weight bearing on a limited basis with the surgical shoe on until I see him next Saturday. So for all practical purposes I can stand up on both feet and get in the wheelchair around the house and pretty much sit here with my feet up for yet another week.

I told him I was going back to work next week no matter what. He didn't seem to know what to say. Then I told him about the scooter at work and he seemed OK with it. Fortunately there is very little pain, mostly a deep ache if the foot been down too long.

I go back in to see Dr. Hicks this morning. It is a little early to add more fluid in the expander - barely 3 weeks instead of 4. However I still am producing more fluid than normal and we don't want another seroma. If the expander is bigger there is less room the body thinks it has to fill with fluid. He is also going to take one of the drains out. That way I will be a little less lumpy to start classes. He said I could start experimenting with a prosthetic bra to make my shape looks more normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment