Thursday, September 29, 2011

Keeping It Interesting

We never did go with the full wrap on the arm. Emotionally I just couldn't deal with it. The wrap I did have got so much attention. People kept asking what I did to my arm. It was distressing to go through the whole cancer, lymphedema thing. I was measured for a sleeve and glove to wear during the day and another heavier sleeve for night.

My latest addition to the mix is cellulitis in both breasts, mostly the right. It is red and hot. I started another round of antibiotics on Tuesday but they don't seem to be making a difference. I called Dr. Hicks this morning to let him know. He's out of the office this morning so I won't hear anything until this afternoon. In the meantime I just feel sick. I can't eat anything without triggering diarhhea. Is it the antibiotic, Chron's or the cellulitis? I just want it to go away.

I saw my oncologist yesterdsy for my three month checkup. From his standpoint I am doing well and the hard part is behind me. I wish it felt that way. I feel overwhelmed by the continuing problems when I thought I would be well on my way to feeling well by now. My coping mechanisms are wearing thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment