Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Breast Expander Blues

I thought I was used to pain after all of these years with fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis.  The pain associated with the breast expander is a whole other thing.  I know we are going faster than usual trying to get the seroma under control.  But there is this constant pressure and ache, especially at the edge of the armpit.  Dr. Hicks decided to wait until Friday to add more fluid in the expander.  The amount he took off the seroma was less so some progress is being made.  I am seeing him twice a week.

I have another lymphedema treatment this afternoon.  Most of the swelling is in the hand and forearm.  They both ache when I try to do anything, like drive or type or work on my beading.  I am also seeing her twice a week.  I don't know how I have time to work!

So mostly I am uncomfortable and irritable. I am used to having at least periodic relief from pain - either through medication or positioning.  This constant stuff is getting to me.

On the positive side, I think, I am doing some laundry today.  This is the first time in about 8 months.  Not that laundry was ever one of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment