Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Surgery Update

Well, it was touch and go there for a while but I am going to have the hardware taken off my foot Wednesday afternoon. I ran a fever Sunday and Monday and felt crappy. I called Dr. Malusky first thing Monday morning. Since there was no site of pain or obvious infection I had to do the hated "don't take any tylenol and see how high it goes today". When it reached 101.6 I decided to take tylenol. The fever is down today. I had a history and physical from the doctor at Riverview. Since the fever is down, I am already on antibiotics and they are just taking something out she OK'd the surgery. She also did a CBC and since I haven't heard anything I assume it was OK.

Just like the swollen arm this stuff really throws me. The big stuff I could handle. This relatively piddly stuff is harder. The doctor at Riverview said off-handedly that I could add professional patient to my job list. That also shocked me. Should I have smacked her or cried? Both were viable options at the time. It is a job I will gladly quit.

This has been a lost year. There has been no semblance of normal. I can understand why people refuse a second round of chemo. How long will the chemo extend your life? How much life do you lose in the mean time. What will be the quality of the life you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment