Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Can Walk!

Dr. Malusky lifted all restrictions from my foot.  One small thing changes my life so much.  I can
  • take a shower without having to wrap up my foot
  • take a bath
  • shop for my own groceries
  • wear regular shoes
  • be true to my hillbilly roots and go barefoot in the house
  • walk into campus instead of waiting on someone to bring the scooter
So that is one more step (literally) toward normal.  Course I can't just leave it at that, I have to add the lymphedema.  I am starting treatments this evening.  My hand looks much better after a night with an elastic glove.  It does ache some, though.

Pain is definitely still very much an issue.  I am not sure I can handle additional fluid in the breast expander next week.  Every movement is uncomfortable to painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment