Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Continuing Saga

It has been 2 weeks and we still don't have the cellulitis under control. I was switched to levaquin a week ago last Friday. It seemed to be working slowly. I felt better before we saw any change in the cellulitis. The redness was definitely decreased and there didn't look like there was any problem on the left breast. However, I was having major pain in both my legs and joint pain. Fall is usually a painful time of year for me but this was way beyond my usual level of pain. I could hardly walk. Turns out it is a side effect of levaquin. So I had to stop taking it. I was back on amoxicillin until yesterday. I went in to the office because both breasts are definitely red and hot. I started on augmentin last night. It is amoxicillin plus something else that is broad spectrum. I was supposed to see results in 24 hours. Unfortunately there is no improvement.

In the mean time all treatment of the lymphadema has stopped. It can't be done if you have an infection. I was measured for a sleeve and glove but they aren't in yet. Cindy did loan me a pump. The arm is wrapped from the shoulder to below the fingertips in this sleeve thing. It goes over the shoulder and around the back. It is connected to a pump and goes through a series of alternating pressure. I look like a blue cyborg. It makes me claustrophobic just thinking about it. So I don't think about it. I put on a movie and try to ignore it for the hour it takes to complete it's cycle. About the time I think I can't stand another minute it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment