Tuesday, August 9, 2011

OK, I'm Tired of This

I was supposed to see the foot surgeon today and get my walking boot. Unfortunately he has been out of town and didn't get back today so I was rescheduled for tomorrow. I was definitely not happy. I am so tired of the non weight bearing stuff. I am getting really impatient to get on with my life.

Nan and I had planned for me to go in to campus today. I figured it was about time I put in an appearance. Becky agreed to take me down in the wheelchair and pick me up. Then Nan and I decided I would ride in with her. I hated going in a wheelchair. It is a lot of work to get through though those long halls. And our handicapped accessible campus has all of these walkways with inclines. They don't seem like much if you are walking but in a wheelchair they take a lot of energy to get up. Besides, people look at you funny. I wanted to tell every one I knew "It's just for today, honest."

There were a lot of students in today. Second year students were working on the bulletin boards. They seemed to be having a good time. They did comment that the task behaviors were a lot different when they weren't being graded. So of course I had to hassle them for a while. I have dearly missed my students and having the energy to really interact with them.

The students who just finished their last clinicals were bringing in their final evaluations. They are all done now so are looking for jobs and planning to take the national exam. It was great to see them. They all seemed so confident and carried themselves like clinicians. I love it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment