Saturday, August 13, 2011

What's His Name

I received a surprise new member to my household yesterday. A friend of my granddaughter found a kitten after a rainstorm last week and I have inherited the little fuzzball. Becky and Jerrika took him to the vet for me. He's about six weeks old and is part Manx and healthy. He has the Manx characteristic of a very stumpy tail and longer back legs. He is a very fuzzy gray. He looks so funny from behind. He almost looks like he hops but I can't tell if that is just kitten enthusiasm or a factor of the breed. So far Leo is more or less ignoring him.

I am still trying on names. Jerrika was calling him Blue, because of his coloring. I am calling him Baby Blue, Blue Boy, Little Bit or Fuzzball. I like Little Bit best but perhaps that will not be such a good name for a grown up cat. Stormy has also been suggested. It seems strange to me to call a gray cat blue but I am finding that it is common. After Suzy Q got lost I decided that I would not actively look for another cat but let the universe bring one to me. If he were a girl I would name him Karma or Serendipity. Those aren't very good names for a boy. I suppose I could call him Chance.

Whatever his name is he is a good distraction from my aching joints and the upcoming surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment