Thursday, August 11, 2011

Not So Much

So, I don't have as much freedom as I thought I would because of pain and stiffness. It is a combination of being in a fairly static position for over two weeks and stopping anti-inflammatories because of the surgery on Monday. I am downright miserable. My knees, hips and low back hurt. I can't seem to find a comfortable position. And walking is very slow. I move like the Tim Conway character in the old Carol Burnett show - making a lot of effort and not getting very far. There go all of my plans of hopping in the car and doing stuff. Not happening!

Yesterday when I went to campus I had the benefit of my friend Colleen's scooter. Nan rode it out to the car for me amd I drove it in. I felt like a danger to myself amd others!! It was difficult to get used to the controls. Once I got to the office I left it outside in the hall. It is definitely nice to have it.

On the home front I am restless and out of sorts. I can't concentrate on anything for very long. The seroma is really big now. The size increased with all of that extra use of the arms with the wheelchair. I am nervous about the breast reconstruction. I am also realizing that if I want a breast that looks normal with a nipple and areola that is two additional surgeries. Isn't this ever going to end? Unfortunately, I know the answer to that question is no.

No comments:

Post a Comment