Monday, August 22, 2011

Rough Week

It has been a rough week. The surgery to put the spacers in for the breast implant was harder on me than I thought it would be. I feel like this is the first day I have really been coherent. No energy, running a fever, everything is so much of an effort. Gee, this sounds familiar. It might have something to do with having a general anesthetic for the second time in three weeks. What was I thinking? Oh, yeah, I wanted everything done so I was ready to go back to work without any more interruptions. Silly me.

I saw both surgeons on Friday. The stitches were removed from the foot and plans are being made to take the fixator off the last week of August. They are working on a date. I am writing this on my Ipad and can't post pictures but when I get to a PC I will post a picture of my foot with the contraption on it. It is quite something. I see Dr. Hicks again on Tuesday. I really do need to expand my social life beyond Dr's offices.

Speaking of social life Trish came down to hang out with me today. I have been really depressed this week - medicine, pain, feeling crappy and overwhelmed, it's a well deserved depression and about time - who knows why? Any how, it is always good to hang out with my sis. Except for a little when we were pre-teens there has never has been much sibling rivalry between us. Now though I think I am going to beat her for the most surgeries in one year. We decided we need to assure the younger sister, Beth, that she doesn't need to do anything to try to beat us.


No comments:

Post a Comment