Thursday, June 30, 2011

Surgery Queen

My foot surgery is scheduled for 7/22 which is on a Friday. The positive thing about that is it will be 5 weeks after my last chemo so I should have some endurance back. Hopefully I can have some arm strength built up with my arm bike. The bad news is he told me six weeks recovery. Today he said the external fixator will come off in six to TEN weeks. He also said I have to go back in the hospital, out-patient this time, to have the fixator removed. I am definitely not happy about adding another surgery to my list.

The other thing I don't like about the news is that it probably means I get to start the new school year looking like a total dork. On my foot I will have a black boot with the side cut out of it and metal hanging out. On my head I will still have a hat because my hair will be about an inch long and who knows what color or texture. Not the best way to make a positive impression on the new class.

No comments:

Post a Comment