Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Last week of school

It is quite a struggle to do everything I need to do this week. Again, thank goodness for Nan.

We had the end of the year picnic for Sinclair Fun Night. It was good to see the kids. I lasted about an hour. When I left every one applauded. I told them it was the first time I got a standing ovation for leaving.

This morning I had breakfast with Nan and Jane. It was quite the occasion with all of us awake and at the restaurant by 8:30. It was great for all three of us to be together.

Then I saw Dr. Romer. The followup plan is for me to see him in three weeks and then regularly for two years to monitor bloodwork. I guess there is a bloodtest that monitors recurrence in breast cancer. It just isn't as sensitive as ones for some other cancers. As I was expecting I do have to have a bone scan. Then I will start an estrogen blocker. He isn't ready to talk about getting the port out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment