Friday, June 24, 2011

Ongoing Saga

I thought I would be up today but that doesn't seem to be the case. I quickly get clammy and sweaty when I get up. Of course it could have to do with getting so knackered yesterday.

I had an appointment with my family doctor, Dr. Derksen, in the morning. Just routine checkup stuff. His office is easy to get into and other than being wiped out I didn't have too much trouble. By the time I got home, though, I was pretty shaky. I drug myself back to the bed and laid down. I had two hours before I was due for a bone scan.

As I pulled into the parking lot at Sycamore I was able to catch the attention of the man with the golf cart who carts people from the parking lot to the door. I asked him to come back and give me a ride. No one told me I was to go straight to the Breast Center so I ended up doing more walking in the hospital than I really needed to. Thank goodness I had to lie down for part of the scan so I could recoup a little. My timing was good and I didn't have to wait to be carted to my car. Fortunately I live right next to Sycamore so the drive home was really short. I felt like I was hanging on by my fingernails by the time I got home. Again I went straight to bed but this time I stayed there.

Dr. Derksen said an interesting thing. We were talking about how rough this time around was. He said it was probably because they gave me more taxotere. He said they increase the amount of the drug each time depending on the patient's tolerance. Well, that would certainly explain a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment