Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Update

I saw Dr. Romer for my last post-chemo check. My blood counts are a little lower than they usually are post treatment but still in the normal range. The dexa scan showed some osteopenia in the hip but I knew that was there from the last bone scan. I start the estrogen blocker tomorrow. I didn't quite catch the name of it but I thought it would be easy to look it up. I can't find any drug that sounds like what I thought I heard. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get the prescription tomorrow. The major side effect is supposed to be bone pain, particularly in the hands and wrist. Oh, goody, more joint pain. I don't see Dr. Romer again until September.

The surprise was how exhausted I got just going to the doctor's office. I am usually further along in recovery by now. The doctor explains everything as a cumulative effect. I was planning on going in to the office at Sinclair but my legs felt so weak I didn't think that was a good idea. I wouldn't want them to have to airlift me out of there. I was also looking forward to going to the grocery this week. That definitely isn't going to happen. After this morning it makes me knackered just thinking about it. At least I feel well enough to work on stuff for Sinclair on the computer and do some beading.

2 comments:

  1. Hey -- at least you're beading! I thought about you when I was at a sewing show and one whole booth was art dolls -- wish we could have both bee there. I've been trying to find a time to call when you're feeling better -- I think I'll just call :)

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep and I'd make a lot more progress if I didn't keep taking it out. I'm doing a ndebele herringbone choker and if I don't pay attention I don't make it tight enough and it gets squishy.

    At this point I am just hanging out unless I am at a doctor's appointment - my exciting life. Please do call or better yet come over. We can have a play day.

    ReplyDelete