Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I woke up with a fever of 100.8 yesterday morning. I didn't bother calling Dr. Romer because I knew he would tell me to take Tylenol unless it went up higher. It stayed in the high 99's all day and then spiked a little again after the Tyelonol wore off. More Tylenol didn't bring it down much so I took a cool bath which helped some. This was another evening where water just pored off of me. I had to move to another bed because the one I was in was soaked. This seems to be happening once a chemo cycle although Dr. Romer has no comment on it. I know I spend a lot of time obsessing on my temperature but when it is above 99 for any reason I really feel sick.

The coating on my tongue seems to be thinner today. Course I am rinsing my mouth about 8 times a day - 4 with the anti fungal mouthwash and 4 with the salt/baking soda rinse. Unfortunately things still taste nasty. I get hungry and try something to eat and then regret it. Becky put together some chili for me last night. I didn't have the energy. Today all I have to do is put it back on the stove and cook it. Hopefully it will taste ok.

I seem to be in a pattern of managing symptoms. I am not sure it is a good thing to be so focused but it is where I am at. Only one more treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment