Thursday, April 28, 2011

Update

I took my exhausted, weepy, yucky feeling self to see Dr. Romer today.  He thinks all of my symptoms are a result of the accumulative affect of the chemotherapy rather than specifically the taxotere.  So as far as he is concerned I am reacting normally.  I can look forward to increasing fatique - I am so tired of being tired.  I also hate feeling weepy but at a certain level of tiredness I just want to cry.  Unfortunately that is much of the time now.

Yesterday I went to see Dr. Malusky, my podiatrist.  I have yet another sore on the ball of my left foot.  He thinks I have a contracted first metatarsal that is putting pressure on the tissue.  We can either continue to treat the ulcers when they happen or he recommends another foot surgery after the chemo is over.  Will the fun never end?

I now have about 3 eyelashes on each eyelid. They fell out this week.  It surprises me that other hair continues to fall out but the hair on my head stays the same.  Yes, it is stubble but it has been the same length and amount of stubble since it originally fell out.

On the good news side my taste buds are back to normal. At least until the next treatment.   I'll have to have Becky make me some peanut butter fudge to make up for the fudge I couldn't eat last weekend.  Trish made me some and with the funky taste in my mouth it tasted really nasty.  Talk about not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment