Monday, April 18, 2011

Fever

My fever stayed right at 100 all day yesterday. It seems to be following the same pattern today. I can only stay up for about 10 minutes before I get a sick headache and have to lay down. My mastectomy site could be drained but I'm not even going to call today. I don't think I would get through the getting showered and dressed let alone driving and getting into the office. So I guess it is another day in bed.

I am so glad the chemo was the 14th and not the 21st. I would have really been upset if I had to miss my brother Ken's retirement party on the 23rd.

About noon the fever did get up to 100.8. Dr. Romer had me come for bloodwork. Things are within normal limits so I was sent home to keep pushing fluids, stay down and take an anti-inflammatory. The new target for a call to the doctor is 101.5. Fortunately Nan and I can switch labs this week so I can have another day at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment