Thursday, April 14, 2011

I had the first of my second set of chemo today. It went well but I am a little more tired than I usually am on chemo day. It could be the cumulative effect but is also high on the list of side affects for taxotera. I am also on extra steroids before, during and after the chemo. Today that means I am hungry and am having a hard time not eating everything I have in the house. It is one time that being tired is a useful thing. It is just too much effort to get up and fix something and I have very little junk food.

I don't always talk much to other patients getting chemo. Today I talked to a woman who was on her first treatment with a taxol type drug also. We were sharing our experiences with adriamyocin and cytoxin. She was talking about being depressed after the last treatment. I have been too but I figured it was just the extra physical stress of going back to work. Of course it doesn't help to realize just much trouble I am having paying attention to detail. I get so upset with myself.

Shanese and I had our second face to face class on Patient Rights at Antioch last night. It was a good class but the topic was end of life decisions so we were talking about advanced directives, medical research and organ donation. We had an excellent speaker on organ donation - the legal stuff and the process. I realized I needed to update my will, redo my living will and appoint a medical power of attorney. It is a good thing Becky doesn't get freaked out about discussions about this kind of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment