Friday, December 16, 2011

Slooowww Progress

When I stop whining and take a close look I am very slowly making progress. Although it has never been my favorite thing to do I can do dishes and clean up the kitchen. My biggest problem with doing the laundry is that I forget about it and end up having to wash it again. I haven't gone to the grocery by myself yet. I know they have electric carts but I am intimidated by all of the potential problems. When Becky comes to clean this weekend I will have her go with me so I have back-up. I know that is being wimpy but I have used up all of my tough girl juju. I can get 3/4 of the way into the office without taking a break. The breaks aren't as long as they used to be and I am not as tired when I get to the office.

I got the first round of acceptance letters out this week. I had to check and recheck myself because I still have some of that chemo brain stuff going on. I interpret something one way and then go back and look at it again and wonder what I thought I saw in the first place. I did have Nan come in and take a look at the final list.

As a therapist and educator I have encouraged many people over the years who were making very slow progress. I can tell you that as a patient it sucks big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment