Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another Milestone

I spent Christmas day with my sister Trish and her boyfriend's family. He lives just outside of Columbus. This was the first time I have gone somewhere on my own since the mastectomy. I just got in the car and drove up like a normal person. Wow, maybe I will eventually get a life back.

It was a fun day. Mark has such a nice family. We had a euchre tournament in the afternoon. Family and friends were in and out all day. The one thing I didn't like was pictures. I think it is cool that they take every possible combination of the family members together. It wasn't so cool when they wanted a picture of me and Trish. So far I have been able to avoid pictures of my short, short hair style. When my hair grows out I really don't want any reminders. Yes, I know that it is better than being bald but I still don't like it.

I stayed the night and left about 10:30 the next morning. Trish and Mark are social butterflies compared to me and were trying to figure out how to get everyone into their schedule. I was ready to come home anyway but figured I should clear out so they could get on with their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment