Thursday, November 29, 2012

Estrogen Blocker Blues

It has been a while since I have posted.  As usual I have to do things backward.  I didn't have too much trouble with the chemotherapy.  By that I mean I had the normal side effects and never had to stop treatment.  Taking estrogen blockers, however, has been a whole different story.  After the aromasin I was put on tomoxifin.  This caused severe spasms of all my muscles.  I could hardly walk.  Any movement was painful.  I also felt like I was back on chemotherapy because my fatigue had fatique.  I was exhausted all of the time.

 At the end of September Dr. Romer agreed to take me off of the tomoxifin for three weeks to see how I did.  There was an immediate improvement.  After 3 weeks I was started on Fareson.  This drug is not used in the US very much according to the info online about it.  I decided to take it at night to see if that made a difference.  It has a whole host of nasty side effects but I'm tolerating it well.  My feet and ankles swell up like balloons but I have a lot more energy.  My muscles and joints hurt at a pre-chemo level, fibromyalgia is still a factor.  I feel like I am finally starting to get my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment