Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reflection

So on a more positive note I think that journaling about your experiences is a powerful tool.  The experiences of the past year however have been so beyond words that they are woefully inadequate.  The blog helped but not necessarily to deal with the feelings.  I decided to join a beading group with a commitment to complete a monthly project.   Here is a link to my first completed project.  January Bead Journal project

The good thing about it is the reflection time as I think about what I want to represent.  Although I may not necessarily share what they are every choice has a symbolic meaning.  As I work on the piece the symbolism becomes less important and the actual art comes forward.  The process has done it's work however and I can move on from that aspect of the year or integrate it or whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment