Thursday, February 24, 2011

Two Chemos down

I felt really good yesterday. I even went to the grocery store like a grown up. I wore my favorite hat and learned two things about hats. They are HOT. I didn't think that would be an issue with my bald head. And if I am talking on the phone while I am grocery shopping and I reach for something on the shelf the hat slips forward and covers my eyes. That leaves me in a predicament. Both hands are full and I can't push the hat up. Thank goodness my aim for the cart was accurate.

My second chemo was this morning. They assigned me to the wrong nurse. When I got into the infusion room I saw Christine behind the desk. We both said at the same time "I'm hers." "She's mine." It is comforting to have the same person. I saw a fellow occupational therapist, Joyce Peet, while I was there. She was keeping a friend company. We had a nice little visit. So far I feel OK - little headachy and tired. I am trying to crochet a skull cap to wear around the house. It is lighter and has holes for heat escape so it should be cooler.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to hear that you are tolerating chemo a little better -- if I were REALLY creative like you and your students I would try to design a hat for you -- hmm -- be very afraid -- I may attempt one :)

    I called the other day and got your answering machine (at least I think it was yours) to let you know about Kate's husband (she probably has called you with the positive news by now) -- so I guess I'll try again this weekend -- you'll be hearing from me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Aunt Kay. You are hot most the time anyway, so what's a little more heat? What I mean to say is...Lady, you are HOT! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, there's still my great idea about foregoing hats altogether and getting the back of your head tattooed (sp?). You could get something like "Bald is Beautiful". Of course, that would take very small print. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...or maybe double-sided tape? You could tape a hat on. LOL!

    ReplyDelete